Youth Offending Team Officer
£29 Umbrella P/H
We are currently looking for a Youth Offending Team Officer for a role in Wiltshire. The postholder will be responsible for ensuring that children and young people involved in the Youth Justice System or being exploited are provided with intervention and support to best meet their needs and to ensure they have the best opportunities to succeed in life.
The Young People Service covers key areas including:
The Youth Offending Team: this seeks to provide children and young people, particularly those who are vulnerable with positive, preventative, out of court, and statutory intervention they need to ,improve their safety and wellbeing and prevent offending or re-offending. The service has a key role in assisting children, young people and their families to build resilience, overcome barriers, reduce concerning behaviours and achieve positive outcomes.
The impact of this Service is to ensure:
- Effective assessment of young people who have offended and the management of risk and safeguarding issues
- Effective supervision of young people who have been remanded to custody and those requiring support in the community, as directed by the Youth Court
- Provision of effective pre-court interventions
- Supervision of young people who have been given Court Orders managed in the community, including the provision of a lay youth panel to discharge the responsibilities of Referral Orders
- Sentence planning for young people in custody and their supervision on release.
- To protect the public and offer satisfactory reparation and support to victims of youth crime.
For more information please call Sam on 01616670021