Senior Protection & Control Engineer
Home based with National coverage
£ 60,000- £ 70,000 + Benefits (see below)
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work for the largest employer in Facilities Management in the UK, delivering a superior service to a broad range of public and private sector companies. With a great ambition to be a leader in customer experience, digital transformation of the industry, a great employer and in financial performance they are definitely leading the way in the business.
- To develop protection schemes on projects ranging from 11kV through to 132kV for Contestable works as an ICP and client-side balance of plant works.
- Preparing electrical protection schemes for power engineering projects
- Preparation of SLD's/Block protection diagrams and specifying detailed Relay/Protection panel designs.
- Preparation of Protection Coordination grading Studies covering both the HV & LV side of the projects.
- Liaising with asset adoption authorities (typically DNOs) to agree protection solutions.
- Assist the wider electrical design team to prepare and submit contestable designs up to 132kV.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a protection design engineer.
- Experience of preparing and submitting contestable design submissions to DNOs up to and including 132kV.
- Be able to interpret electrical engineering drawings.
- Experience with electrical work at 132kV would be advantageous
- Full UK Driving Licence
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Shares Schemes, Reward programme & Employee Assistance programme along with many other benefits & employee discounts.
How to apply-
Please submit your application via the contact details provided and you will be contacted with further information about this opportunity.