We are currently seeking a skilled Property Surveyor to join our team and contribute to our mission of providing exceptional property surveying services in the City of Westminster.
Monday - Friday, 36 hours per week.
£250 - £300 per day umbrella.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Area Repairs Manager (North West/South Central) to implement and develop effective systems to regularly inspect the external and communal parts of property, to identify any requirements for reactive repairs and cyclical maintenance, and to ensure the works required are carried out or programmed according to urgency and priority.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across Housing services to ensure a joint approach to improve quality and customer satisfaction for residents.
- Support and manage a flexible approach to the deployment of resources within the Property Services Division to respond effectively to fluctuations in workload.
- Highlight key investment needs and considerations to the Property Planning and Assets Team so that works can be appropriately planned in major works programmes.
- Provide a high standard of technical support to the team. Manage the local delivery of the repairs term partnering contract to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Work in collaboration and effectively with other teams within Housing services to deliver a seamless, holistic service to customers.
- Health and Safety - ensure that the Councils Policy for managing the health and safety of residents, staff and contractors is fully implemented and documented. Provide expert knowledge on health and safety law applicable to the construction industry.
- Provide strategic leadership within the Housing portfolio, contributing proactively to the collective leadership of the council, working collaboratively with Members, services, partners and stakeholders to deliver the council's objectives and priorities.
- Ensure that all repairs in residents' homes are carried out to a high standard and the service is delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure that complaints are managed effectively and seek to resolve issues quickly. Ensure that defects which could give rise to claims of disrepair are resolved completely and fully documented.
- Ensure that claims are made and processed for the cost of all works which fall within the scope of the Council's insurance policy. Ensure that all members of the team are aware of the terms of the policy
- Inspections will be completed on Site Audit Pro or approved equivalent with photos and detailed diagnostics of the visit. Orders will then be raised on the system, managed and booked with the resident. Site reports and details of inspections will be provided to the resident within 3 working days of visits to the home and stored on our central system.
- Manage and respond to requests for contract/cost variations each day, ensuring that any costs/changes are within Section20 limits (quantity, cost, scope) and where a request has to be rejected, giving an explanation and a required outcome, ensuring the response is made and recorded on Orchard within agreed SLA timeframe.
- Manage payment approvals for contractors, up to a limit of £1,500 (per job above the PPR) and selecting jobs for post inspection and ensuring that jobs selected loop into the post-inspection process.
- Manage cancellation requests received from the contractor, where request is refused provide full details of the reason for refusal.
- Undertake pre-inspections. Before carrying out the appointment the postholder will contact the resident to confirm they are able to keep it [and there are no covid issues]. Following the inspection, complete and upload a Site Audit Pro and upload to SharePoint, and update visit details on Orchard.
- Be responsible for proactively checking Orchard for orders raised that are insured perils. Ensuring claims are logged, monitored and progressed for the area e.g front door renewals.
- Maintain Section 20 paperwork and insurance claims for pre and post inspections.
- Provide detailed and timely responses to the insurance team at RBKC to defend or confirm cases as required by them, ensuring responses are given within the agreed SLA timeframe.
- Excellent building pathology knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in responsive repairs, preferably in Housing.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Methodical and accurate with good attention to detail.
- Ability to use IT and computer systems
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, with a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work, producing a high level of output to quality standards
- Understanding the customer needs and able to communicate clearly to a range of people, via phone, in writing and face to face.
- Demonstrates commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Evidence of continued professional and personal development
How to Apply: If you are a dedicated Property Surveyor looking to join a respected firm and contribute to our legacy of excellence in the City of Westminster, we encourage you to apply directly now or call us on 0161 241 0370, for more information!