Pest Control Officer
As a Pest Control Officer, you will play a crucial role in safeguarding public health and property by effectively managing and eradicating pests in the Westminster area. You will be responsible for inspecting, identifying, and implementing pest control measures, ensuring the highest standards of service and compliance with all relevant regulations.
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00.
£15.52 - £17.52 PAYE.
- To deliver a customer focused, high quality service in accordance with the agreed service specifications, business plan, service level agreements and the requirements of legislation, delegated powers, Council policy and Standing Orders and officer codes of practice and procedures
- To take responsibility for performing allocated tasks as part of casework, making appropriate referrals to manager, other council officers or relevant agencies; including:
- To advise complainants and other members of staff as to suitable treatments and preventative measures.
- To carry out surveys of sites and premises either originating from a complaint, request for service or as part of a regular inspection programme
- To co-ordinate and carry out treatments appropriate to specific task ensuring the most efficient destruction of all pests using approved methods
- To prepare and carry out reports on Investigations, Actions and Visits, to the Assistant Service Manager or, as directed to other council officers.
- To co-ordinate and carry out Block Treatment and Sewer Baiting programmes
- To co-ordinate and carry out collection and dispose of clinical waste
- To co-ordinate and carry out decontamination of articles and premises contaminated with blood and bodily fluids suspected of containing HIV and/or Hepatitis 'B' virus
- To co-ordinate and carry out collection and delivery of contracted Incontinent Laundry Service
- Appropriate professional qualificatio
- Valid and full UK driving licence
- Operational pest control experience
- Use of a variety of information systems and technology
- Planning, delivery and co-ordination of workloads
- Planning, delivery and co-ordination of projects
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work unsupervised in accordance with agreed work programmes Customer focus
- Ability to write concise reports and keep written and computerised records of case work
- Understanding and commitment to working safely
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about pest control and dedicated to delivering exceptional service, we would love to hear from you. To apply for the Pest Control Officer position, apply directly now or call us on 0161 241 0370.