Head of Pension Administration (Project)
Are you a seasoned professional with a passion for project management and expertise in pension administration? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to join our team as the Head of Pension Administration (Project) in Sutton.
This is currently a temp role.
£425 - £475 per day PAYE.
To lead and manage the following functions: Administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme for the London Borough of Sutton and the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. To deputise for the LBS Assistant Director, Finance or RBK Assistant Director, Finance in their absence, in respect of these specific services.
- Provide leadership to all members of the shared Pension Team
- Ensure budget spend is maintained and actively seek opportunities to increase revenue and/to reduce costs.
- Deliver an effective and efficient service to internal and external customers, including Kingston and other partner Councils, SHP and Encompass, Academies, list is not exhaustive
- The management and Leadership of the shared Pension Team
- Provide training advice and support to staff, internal and external stakeholders and Councillors.
- To manage the Sutton and Kingston Shared Pensions Administration function in the delivery of the Local Government Pension Scheme and for all scheduled and admitted bodies and other relevant partners.
- Ensure that all government returns in relation to the specific functions are completed accurately and within the required timeframes. Provide other data as and when required by S151 officer statutory responsibilities and Finance for corporate returns and budgeting purposes.
- Assist the Assistant Director, Finance with the development of the Directorate and Unit's business plans, ensuring this aligns with corporate strategic goals and action plans. Develop effective quality performance measures and monitor and set targets for continuous improvement and value for money.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Members and provide briefings as and when necessary to the leader / lead member on relevant strategy, policy and operational issues.
- Provide detailed, accurate and professional reports to the Pension Committee and Pension Board at LBS, and the Pension Panel and Pension Board at RBK.
- Attend Committee/Panel and Board meetings in person, and attend briefings, training or advisory sessions as required.
- Provide direct line management of the Pensions team Data and Systems Manager, Benefits Processing Manager, and Employers and Governance lead.
- Manage LGPS projects including the McCloud remedy implementation, GMP rectification, Operational Improvement Plan, Pensions Dashboard and annual benefit notifications projects.
- Work effectively with the Head of Pension Investments and Pension Payroll teams to provide an effective and efficient LGPS function for both Sutton and Kingston.
Person specification (knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours required in the role)
- Experience of managing an LGPS Pension Administration Team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, providing effective performance management to deliver key objectives.
- Experience of providing training, advice and support to staff, internal and external stakeholders and Councillors.
- Experience of providing professional advice to members, senior management and departments of the Authority on all aspects of pensions administration.
- Experience of managing income and expenditure with high limits of authority
- Knowledge of the Local Government Pensions Scheme, Pensions Scheme Regulator and Pensions good practice.
- Able to input and retrieve information from the Council's various computer systems.
- Knowledge of current LGPS issues and legislation including but not limited to the McCloud.
- judgement, GMP Rectification, reporting requirements and dispute resolution procedures.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role as the Head of Pension Administration (Project), we invite you to apply directly now, or call us on 0161 241 0370, for more information.