Job Title: Collections Agent
Salary: OTE £30,000 - £50,000
- Make outbound calls to customers that owe money to our local authority clients, or third parties acting on their behalf
- Collecting payment in full & ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times
- Remaining empathic, calm, and acting in a professional, respectful and ethical manner, and have the confidence to deal with a range of different customers and make appropriate recovery decisions based on the current circumstances of each case.
- Obtaining questionnaire details from customers who may be in financial difficulties
- Negotiating payment arrangements in accordance with guidelines as well as using your initiative if payment in full cannot be collected
- Refer, where necessary, cases to relevant debt advisory groups and associated organisations where required to meet the needs of vulnerable customers
- Reviewing and updating the database notes and the status of accounts - ensuring information is recorded accurately and professionally
- Handling customer correspondence and devising appropriate replies and response
They are an industry leading UK Debt Recovery Enforcement Group who have been growing for 40 years
The Salary and Benefits Package
- This is a full-time, permanent role. Initial training will be one morning in the offices in Redditch and there after work will be split between home/office and/or remote!
- £21,700 base salary with OTE's £30,000 - £50,000+
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Please note this is a full-time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week over a 5- or 6-day period between 7:00am - 09:30pm Mon-Fri and 8am -1pm Sat. Flexible working is expected to maximise collection and will include working either 6pm - 8pm one day a week or any 2 hours between 8am - 1pm Sat.
- Evident desire to achieve results and seek continuous self-improvement
- You will need to be target driven and capable of managing your own workload and conflicting priorities
- Previous practical office administration experience
- Attention to detail - able to spot errors and rectify mistakes quickly
- Being comfortable in using a variety of technologies and software systems
- A positive and results orientated approach in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to interact effectively at all levels
- Confident in dealing with customers over the telephone - often in difficult circumstances
- You will work to procedures and policies designed for the team
The Application Process
Please submit your CV as directed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone interview with a Novax Consultant. Candidates that pass this interview, will be presented to the Client in advance of a final interview.