Clerk of Works
We are looking for a diligent and experienced Clerk of Works to oversee construction projects in Islington.
Reporting to Capital Works Quality Manager, you will work with a team of Clerks of Works, and responsible for providing a Clerk of Works service in connection with our programme of capital and cyclical works.
Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week.
£24.71 - £26.71 per hour PAYE.
- Provide a Clerk of Works service across the full range of work undertaken and occasionally deputise for the Capital Works Quality Manager.
- Agree joint quality control procedures with the constructor/contractor in accordance with requirements and audit such procedures and records to ensure that quality control inspections are effective and efficient.
- Maintain a critical but constructive relationship with the contractor's supervisory staff.
- Examine specifications and drawings and ensure that any aspects which are not satisfactory are rectified.
- Carry out site visits at least weekly, to all sites.
- ensure that materials, construction standards and site practices meet requirements.
- Prepare a Health and Safety report.
- Record the outcome of these visits and report to the Project Manager
- Inspect finished work, prepare schedules of, and supervise, remedial works and provide certification of standards of work. Schedule snagging items and defects at practical completion and at the end of the defects liability period.
- Membership of the Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate and/or CIOB, or equivalent - (Desirable).
- Construction related HND or Degree.
- Ideally hold a formal H&S qualification.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and COSHH regulations.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and issues involved with sites.
- Ability to achieve high standard and quality of work.
- Experience Of Carrying Out Inspections And Surveys Of Residential Properties.
- Experience Of Conditions Surveys.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Clerk of Works looking for a new and exciting opportunity in Islington, we invite you to apply directly now, or call us on 0161 241 0370!