An Estimator for a Structural Steel company in the heart of NYC.
Role: Bridge Estimator
Location: New York City
Salary: $175k (negotiable depending on experience)
We have a fantastic opportunity at a long-standing, reputable steel bridge company. They are currently looking for an Estimator to join their team. They are looking for candidates with experience in bridge work.
- To be responsible for developing and engineering competitive structural steel bids and budgets for existing, and new customers.
- Develop estimates on building & bridge projects. This will be accomplished through collaborative efforts with various disciplines to learn to coordinate with aspects of fabrication, purchasing, field erection, pre-construction, and 3rd party vendors.
- Experience estimating structural drawings and coordinating bids with (steel erectors, steel detailers, engineers, joist/deck etc.)
- Knowledge of structural steel fabrication and erection standards and procedures.
- Assist in the coordination and handoff to the Project Management team.
- Assist field personnel with estimating Change Orders, RFPs, and clarification of RFIs.
- Accurately prepare a detailed cost estimate of all aspects of a proposed project including, but not limited to, quantity take off, detailed cost estimate, line item and subcontractor summary by division.
- Expedite timely, accurate project cost budgets by utilizing historic data, unit pricing, subcontractor/vendor proposals and methods as discussed with management.
- Solicit pricing for materials and subcontractors as needed.
- Attend all pre-construction meetings/walkthroughs, site visits and post bid meetings.
What you'll need:
- 5 years of experience in construction estimating
- 2 years Structural Steel estimating
- 5 years Bridge estimating
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Company events
Sound like something you're interested in? If you're looking to find a company that truly values you rather than being a bum on a seat, this company is for you!