Youth Support and Development Worker
£25 Umbrella P/H
We are currently looking for a Youth Support and Development Worker to work in Hackney. The Youth Support and Development Worker will work towards the achievement of better outcomes for children, young people and families in Hackney by:
- providing a high quality, effective and responsive early help and preventative services for children and young people in Hackney
- Giving children and young people opportunities and encouragement to get involved in activities that complement and enhance their physical and emotional wellbeing, and which support their educational attainment an transition to employment
- providing additional support as required at critical times and stages of a young person's development
- supporting young people to do things for themselves individually and collectively and to be active participants in their community
- The Youth Support and Development Worker is responsible and accountable for the planning delivery and evaluation of high quality open access and targeted programmes of youth work alongside individualised support, primarily delivered through Young Hackney Youth Hubs, and via outreach in schools and community settings.
- This requires effective liaison and partnership working across a wide range of stakeholders, including but not limited to: Children's Social Care, Health, Education, Youth Justice and the voluntary community and private sectors.
- Staff may be designated to focus on open access youth work, participation early help, targeted support, and youth justice.
For more information please call Sam on 01616670021 or email