£20 Umbrella P/H
We are currently looking for a Information Officer to work in Hackney. The Information Officer will load contact data and through robust scrutiny and analysis of information held on a range of IT systems provide timely and proportionate information for managers, external forums and partner agencies. The post plays a key role in supporting the efficient running of the service and in contributing to the overall effectiveness of referral and support mechanisms for services to children in Hackney.
Main duties and responsibility:
- To create accurate records of 'contacts' to the service in respect of children and young people in need of help or protection by loading time sensitive data in an efficient manner.
- To undertake thorough database checks on children and families in response to local authority information requests ensuring that these are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- To support the service by screening duty calls from the public and professionals and accurately recording safeguarding concerns.
- To provide clear, concise and accurate reports detailing proportionate and relevant information held about children and families on request.
- To support the development and maintenance of operating procedures covering all elements of data input; data cleansing and other controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data.
- To identify discrepancies in systems and information contained within systems and to rectify discrepancies as required or when directed by managers.
- Keep abreast of developments in information sharing, data protection and IT and attend briefings as required.
For more information please call Sam on01616670021