Gas Service Engineer
As a Gas Service Engineer you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, efficiency, and reliability of our clients' gas systems and appliances across Northamptonshire.
This is a 3 month contract with a possibility of extension pendiing a review.
Monday - Thursday, 8:00AM - 4:00PM, Friday 8AM - 3:30PM.
£23 - £25 per hour PAYE.
Ideal start date: ASAP.
Overall Job Purpose:
The purpose of the post is to provide operational housing maintenance services to enable the continuing improvement of the service. Under the direction of designated Repairs Officer, the post holder will undertake variety of work including inspections, repairs, servicing, improvements and replacement items in accordance with job orders work programme supplied. There is a special emphasis on improving the quality of customer service and the ad hoc repair service overall.
The post holder will ensure all work is carried out on time, on quality and in accordance with the agreed performance standards and to tenants' satisfaction.
- Gas Appliance Installation and Maintenance: Install, service, repair, and maintain a wide range of gas appliances, including boilers, central heating systems, cookers, and fires.
- Diagnosis and Repairs: Identify and diagnose gas-related issues and provide efficient and effective solutions to ensure safety and functionality.
- Gas Safety Checks: Conduct gas safety checks and inspections in compliance with industry regulations and guidelines
- Customer Service: Interact professionally with clients, providing advice and guidance on gas-related issues and ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Documentation: Complete accurate job reports, maintain service records, and ensure all paperwork is in order.
- Compliance: Adhere to all health and safety regulations, as well as industry standards and best practices.
- Education / Qualifications CCN 1 Core gas safety element
- Time served apprenticeship
- CPA1, CKR1, CENWAT 1, MET 1, HTR 1, Range Cooker, Unvented hot water.
- Sufficient practical experience
- Housing maintenance
- Multi Skilled, OIL, LPG, Non Domestic Gas Qualification.
- Health and Safety Aware
- Customer care skills
- Good communicator
- Willing to undertake training as and when required to cover changes in regulation and legislation.
- Miscellaneous Must be motivated and a team player
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Aware of Equal Opportunities relevant to role.
- Hold a valid driving licence or be able to arrange own transport.
How to apply:
If you are a skilled and dedicated Gas Service Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to join a reputable company in Northamptonshire, we encourage you to apply directly now or call us on 0161 241 0370 for more information.