Family Support Worker
We are currently looking for a Family Support Worker to work in Walsall within the Early Help Service. The Family Support Worker will work within a team that provides early help through a whole family approach based on collaboration with families and with partners from schools, health, children's services and the community.
Main purpose of the job role:
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide an integrated whole family approach to families with children/young people aged 0 - 19 who present multiple, complex needs which cannot be met by a single agency in a universal setting.
- To assist in the delivery of robust services to children and young people who are at risk of needing specialist interventions or become LAC
- To support to the effective safeguarding of children and young people through; contribution to multiagency plans, timely identification of risks and vulnerabilities and onward referrals to the relevant Children's Social Care Services or other agencies as appropriate.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of children and families within the borough through evidence based/evidenced informed interventions.
- Develop and deliver time limited individual or group work programmes of support.
- To support the overall vision, ethos and aims of the Children's Services and the Locality Hubs
- To carry out a range of tasks as identified and allocated by the Senior Family Support ,Team Manager or Group Manager.
For more information please call Sam on 01616670021 or email