Due to our client’s growth, Novax Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Manager / Senior Technical Project Manager.
We are looking for someone with senior management experience to help adapt and diversify the company’s design Teams to deliver portal frames and steel buildings.
This role will be diversifying the portfolio and assist and progress the design team to manage and work on a wider variety of projects.
The role will include a mixture of working in the office managing the design team and visiting sites. You will be expected to follow the process through to delivery, making sure the design process is efficient in its delivery and implementing new process systems to help grow the business and thrive.
This is a senior role that will shape the technical direction of the company and the continued growth of this exciting business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the department to ensure the correct skills, capacity, tools and processes are in place to deliver design and detailing services to agreed contractual requirements.
• Responsible for managing all HR aspects of the team including personal development plans, performance management and rewards and recognition.
• Participate in tender and contractual reviews where appropriate to advise on the technical scope.
• Acts as a technical authority on all design engineering related decisions ensuring appropriate standards and best practices are adhered to optimise designs for cost, quality and purpose. Collaborates with operations management to ensure design for manufacture is optimised.
• Ensures quality of design and detailing deliverables are acceptable and fit for purpose via internal operations or external client review.
• Collates and reports metrics to track quality, productivity and commercial performance of the team and drives continual improvement.
• Collaborates with other managers to maintain the project portfolio in terms of costs, schedule and sales and reports via the weekly program review meeting.
• Develops and implements business plans to expand the market share in consulting and professional services.
• Participates in the monthly sales strategy meeting to agree key account development requirements and opportunities to improve sales opportunity conversion.
• Participates in the monthly management reviews and presents design group performance and direction.
• Drive Continuous Improvement and “Can do attitude” throughout the business.
• Authorities, Interface, Reporting and Supervision
• Structural Engineering background
• Has or is working towards chartered status.
• Familiarity with tools such as Tekla, StruMIS, IDEA StatiCa, SCIA Engineer, PowerBI, Excel, MS Teams, AutoCAD would be advantageous.
• Strong commercial acumen, financial, contracting and project management best practices.
• Exceptional man-management skills.
• Confidence with excellent interpersonal skills
At Novax we are a specialist in the Structural Steel sector. If you feel this role may not be directly suited to yourself but find yourself looking. We have a range of vacancies across these sectors please do register a CV.
tekla, design, structural engineer, senior manager, technical director, technical manager, design manager, steel, steelwork
Commercial ManagerOffice based, hybrid working may be consideredPAYE £50,000- £60,000 Company DescriptionA unique opportunity has arisen to work with an...Apply For This Job
Senior Tekla draugthsman Office /Hybrid - BasedPA YE £35000-£40,000 Company Description Outstanding opportunity for a Tekla Draughtsperson, this will...Apply For This Job
Quantity SurveyorOffice based initially. hybrid may be considered PAYE £45,000 - £50,000 Job description A newly created opportunity has arisen,...Apply For This Job
Tekla Detailer / Draughtsman Office basedPAYE £35,000-£40,000 Company DescriptionA unique opportunity has arisen to work for an established Steelwork design...Apply For This Job