Full-time temporary contract
£11.32 per hour
Purpose of job:
* To assist Budget Holders to set and manage their budgets.
* To assist Budget Holders to improve performance, efficiency and value for money of the services they manage.
* To support Senior Financial Strategy Managers in the provision of financial advice, information and support
* To build resilience by providing support to: VAT officer, Treasury Manager, Schools Help desk, capital accountant, financial appraisals, etc.
* To support the closure of accounts process
Contribute to the delivery of services for area of responsibility. Assist, as appropriate, with:
* Providing an integrated approach to performance management, quality standards and service delivery
* Embedding new ways of thinking and working
* Developing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships with commissioners, their teams/partners and across service areas as appropriate
* To provide day to day advice and guidance to the provider team(s) and/or work within own area of responsibility
The specific accountabilities of this role will be flexible and will change to meet the needs of the organisation as required but will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
* To assist in ensuring that there is effective strategic financial planning and financial management in relation to all revenue and capital budgets.
* To assist in the coordination and delivery of financial planning for all revenue and capital budgets.
* Providing financial support and advice in support of a specified area.
* Identification and costing of budget pressures for future years, through liaising with Budget Holders, Senior Managers and the Head of Finance. Budget monitoring
* Advising Budget Holders and Senior Managers on the monitoring of budgets.
* Overseeing the financial support arrangements and highlighting any weaknesses regarding maintenance of accounts.
* Assessing the effectiveness of budget monitoring arrangements.
* Financial Reporting
* Reviewing and challenging Budget Holder outturn projections ensuring, in particular, that budgets are realistic, resources have been allocated promptly and outturn projections look reasonable in relation to spending to date.
* Advising Budget Holders and Senior Managers on the overall financial position and key issues.
* Assisting with the development of systems to help improve the accuracy of outturn projections, particularly for large, more volatile and high risk budgets.
* Assisting with the provision of supplementary reports for high risk areas. Liaising with the Finance Managers, Heads of Finance and Serco re key concerns.
* Identification of potential areas for delivery of future efficiency savings.
* Assisting Senior Managers and Budget Holders with the development of plans for delivery of efficiency savings and providing advice thereto.
* Monitoring the delivery of efficiency savings throughout the year and reporting therein.
* Value for money
* Assisting Senior Managers with the evaluation of the value for money provided by services.
* Analysing national and local data to assess value for money.
* Working with Senior Managers and Budget holders to develop strategies for improving value for money.
* Monitoring delivery of those plans and reporting thereon.
* Preferably AAT membership or working towards it.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of principles of financial management, accounting principles and practice.
* Detailed knowledge of Financial Strategy, financial regulations, financial procedures, schemes of authorisation and their rationale within the control framework
* Good communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with officers, external auditors and partners, including funding bodies and government departments and agencies, so as to secure their confidence and respect.
* Good ICT skills, including corporate finance systems (e.g. Agresso) and Excel.
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Personal AssistantPrestonPAYE Rate: £10.77The role of a Personal Assistant is to provide personal assistant support to Directors of the Senior...Apply For This Job
Reablement Scheduling and Support OfficerGreenwich Contract £20 UmbrellaWe are currently looking for a Reablement Scheduling and Support Officer. The postholder...Apply For This Job
Novax Recruitment are hiring an Environmental Health Officer based in North Yorkshire.Roles and responsibilities:To carry out the full range of...Apply For This Job
Multi Trade Operative - HackneyAn exciting new oppurtunuity has arisen for a Multi Trade Operative in the Hackney area.This is...Apply For This Job
Revenues OfficerHackney£16 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a Revenues Officer based in Hackney. This is a 6...Apply For This Job
Caseworker GreenwichContract £15.25 P/HAn exciting opportunity has arisen for a Caseworker to work in Greenwich within the Social Care Setting....Apply For This Job