SEN Casework Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SEN Casework Assistant to work in Bootle.The postholder will contribute to the processing of statutory assessments and the production and annual review of statements/EHC plans for children and young people in accordance with the Education Act 2002 and the Children and Families Act 2014.
To support the SEN Casework Officers in delivering statutory assessment processes to ensure that Sefton pupils with SEN make good progress and that available resources are used effectively and efficiently.
To implement the changes in the identification, statutory assessment and monitoring of pupils with special educational needs arising from the Children and Families Act 2014 and operational delivery of statutory services within SEN and inclusion functions.
1. To support the delivery of a dynamic outcomes led generic statutory assessment service to an allocation of service users.
2. To undertake the administrative processes and procedures necessary for the authority to meet its statutory duties in relation to children and young people with SEN/disabilities and the provision that is made to support their needs.
3. To ensure that the requirements currently relating to the statutory assessment and of children with SEN are met within the current PIs including:
a. Processing of requests for SA;
b. Preparation & circulation of letters to parents & professionals;
c. Requesting & tracking provision of advice;
d. Circulation of statements/EHC plans.
4. To act as the first point of contact for any queries to the team and to provide accurate information to parents, settings and other agencies, as appropriate.
5. To ensure that parents are fully involved in drawing up statements/EHC plans.
6. To recognise the wide range of emotions that having a child with special needs may generate and ensure that the anxieties of parents/carers and other service users are diffused effectively.
7. To provide sensitive support for parents & other service users to build parental confidence and to ensure that the need for mediation, tribunal and dispute resolution procedures is kept to a minimum.
For more information please call Sam on 01616670021 or email
Employment Support Team LeaderHaringeyFull-time temporary contract£20.15 per hourPurpose of the role:The Send Employment Coordinator will work across Haringey to support...Apply For This Job
Community Support Worker ChelmsfordContract£13 P/H We are currently looking for a Community Support Worker to work in Chelmsford. The postholder...Apply For This Job
Transactional HR OfficerBootleFull-time temporary contract£10.89 per hour (OFFICE BASED)Job PurposeTo ensure that THR records are set up accurately, as well...Apply For This Job
Novax Recruitment is looking for a Transport and Stores Manager for role in Broxtowe, Nottingham. Details:Hours: 37 hours a week,...Apply For This Job
Personal AssistantPrestonFull-time temporary contract£10.50 per hourPurpose of the role:To provide support to Senior Members of the local authority (including Cabinet...Apply For This Job
Caretaker - CamdenNovax recruitment are currently looking for a caretaker in the Camden area, this role supports this by providing...Apply For This Job