Employment Support Team Leader
Full-time temporary contract
£20.15 per hour
Purpose of the role:
The Send Employment Coordinator will work across Haringey to support the development of creating, developing and supporting supported internships for young people in Haringey. The role will also support SEND colleagues to help match and identify opportunities for young people.
The role will support employers to create disability confident employment schemes that provide a diverse range of job opportunities for young people with SEND in Haringey.
* To design and support the development of Haringey’s Supported Internships and into employment Programmes within the Borough.
* To act as the lead officer and key point of contact for supported internships in Haringey for both professionals and employers.
* To increase the participation of Haringey’s young people to access Supported Internships, work experience and permanent employment opportunities within the Borough.
* To support existing and potential new employers to deliver disability confident employment opportunities within Haringey.
* To work with statutory and non-statutory services to identify young people who will benefit from supported internship / employment opportunities.
* To be a key advocate and champion for young people with SEND to support employment opportunities for them across a wide range of differing employment sectors.
* To identify gaps across Haringey in the Supported Internships and Work Experience marketplace and design and implement opportunities for young people with SEND.
* To work with SEND Professionals to contribute to key meetings that support transitions, and annual reviews where required.
* To lead on core Internship process and pathway development to support the success of Supported Internships in Haringey.
* To support reviews of supported internships on their completion to assess the effectiveness of the internship on providing young people with the skills to obtain permanent employment opportunities.
* To complete monitoring and reporting documentation for Supported Internships to support statutory returns and core programme requirements as needed.
Generic Responsibilities (these are applicable to ALL jobs and this section must not be changed):
* Understanding, knowledge and ability to follow guidelines that ensures compliance with Health and Safety at Work, Data Protection and other statutory requirements.
* Knowledge and experience of using IT.
* To undertake any other temporary responsibilities aligned with the overall purpose and grade of the role.
* Qualified to Degree level or relevant levels of equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and Children and Families Act relating to preparation for adulthood and supported internships.
* Knowledge and understanding of processes relating to the development of Supported Internships and Work experience for young people with SEND.
* Knowledge of key success measures relating to providing supported internships.
* Knowledge of Employment rights / responsibilities of employers.
* Experience of working with children and young people in schools/ colleges or workplaces.
* Experience of establishing / working with supported internships and into employment programmes for young people with SEND.
* Experience of directly supporting young people into employment and related opportunities e.g. work experience, supported internships and inclusive apprenticeships.
* Experiences of supporting young people with SEND within the workplace
* Experience of preparing documents and plans that are informed by data analysis to identify gaps relating to employment provisions.
* Experience of using research, gathering information about patterns and trends.
* Experience of continuous professional development.
* Experience of presenting information across a range of audiences using the most appropriate methods to convey key messages and updates.
Skills and Abilities:
* Communicates complex issues confidently and clearly both verbally and in writing, to varying audiences. Able to write concise reports and meet deadlines.
* The ability to think analytically and to plan, implement and review work with clients referred for family support services.
* Managing effective relationships with a range of partner agencies to ensure positive outcomes for young people.
* Ability to manage time effectively, planning own and others workload and setting appropriate objective and meeting deadlines.
* Ability to competently assess and manage risk to self and others to include staff and volunteers, appropriately.
* Good level of IT skills to include Word, Excel, Internet explorer, e-mail and a thorough understanding of the
* Ability to take responsibility for planning and managing own time and the work load of the team, balancing competing demands and meeting objectives and deadlines.
* Well organised and able to deliver to deadlines
* Ability to motivate self and others
* Ability to work independently
* Willingness to participate in appropriate training/development activities.
* Resilience and ability to work under pressure
* A commitment to ‘do the right thing for children
* Demonstrate an ability to work with other professionals and agencies and to make arrangements on behalf of users of the service.
* Able to support, manage and deploy staff effectively and according to Haringey Council H.R. policies, procedures and practices.
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Personal AssistantPrestonFull-time temporary contract£10.50 per hourPurpose of the role:To provide support to Senior Members of the local authority (including Cabinet...Apply For This Job
Education Welfare OfficerHillingdonContract£15 P/H We are currently looking for a Education Welfare Officer for a role in Hillingdon. The postholder...Apply For This Job
SEND Case Co-ordinatorYateContract£15 P/H We are currently looking for a SEND Case Co-Ordinator for a role in Yate. As a...Apply For This Job
Estates Services Technician (Electrical)Novax Recruitment are currently hiring for an Estates Services Technician (Electrical) in the Bromley area. 37 hours...Apply For This Job
HR Business PartnerOrmskirk Full-time temporary contract£15 per hourPurpose of role* To be a member of the nominated client-directorate management team...Apply For This Job
Review Community Support OfficerWelshpoolContract£12 P/HWe are currently on the lookout for a Reviewing Community Support Officer. The postholder will be...Apply For This Job