Full-time temporary contract
We are seeking an experienced HR Advisor to work on employee relations case management. We need candidates with strong ability and experience in managing all ER complex casework and Change programmes, such as restructures and Tupe programmes and experience with union engagement.
Reporting to the Employee Relations Lead this role will work within HROD to provide professional HR advice and operational support to Line Managers; using a risk-based approach to determine the level of support required around case work. Offering appropriate and pragmatic advice to enable effective management of people performance issues, application of HROD policy, best practice and employment law knowledge to drive performance improvement. This role will work closely will L & D colleagues to up skill people management practices across the Council and the primary focus is effective casework.
* Coach Line managers to build ownership and capability for managing their people.
* Identify gaps in existing HR policies and contribute to the development of new HR policies and procedures in collaboration with the policy officer and engage with managers to ensure they are compliant with the policy changes that underpin the organisations culture.
* Accountable for effective casework management: absence, probationary, disciplinary, grievance, capability ensure KPI adhered.
* Provide high quality, professional advice, guidance and support to coach managers at all levels across the organisation, on the application of HR policies and practices, in relation to complex and varied employee relations issues, specifically: Performance framework,
* Effective case management completion including production of monthly, quarterly and annually reports providing insight data and recommendations for HR OD scorecards.
* To ensure continuous organisational performance improvement and up to date policy management and application via partnership working with L & D Advisors, specifically around up skilling Line management t Swindon Manager modules.
* Represent HR at multi-agency strategy meetings, advising on HR issues in relation to Child Protection/Vulnerable Adult allegations against members of staff and safeguarding issues.
* Build strong, credible, professional relationships with managers at all levels, internal colleagues, and with external contacts and partners.
* Contribute and lead projects directed from the Employee Relation Lead – specifically around HR policy review and Council implementation.
* Negotiate, consult and liaise with local and regional trade union representatives, dealing with individual employee issues and achievement of conflict resolution
* Seek innovative ways to resolve conflict at work including mediation
* Provide job evaluation as required
* Work in collaboration with transactional HR to achieve consistent and cohesive HR outcomes.
* Lead and support on work specific projects
* It is important that you continuously development and keep aware of HR best practice and employment law, in an ever changing climate in relation to employee relations and legal framework.
* Escalate to Employee relations lead and or HRBP to ensure effective case management and minimise Council risk.
* Ensure casework spreadsheet is maintained and is up to date and visibility to senior HROD colleagues on all casework
* Experience as HR Advisor/Officer dealing with trade unions, and line management.
* Experience of casework management; disciplinary, grievance, performance, attendance and well-being, conduct and general managing performance
* Up to date employment law knowledge, practical application on case management and ability to apply and implement process and policy change
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Solid understanding and experience in applying employee relations and employment practices in order to manage employee issues.
* Effectively applies performance management to create a strong performance culture.
* An understanding and application of insight and data to implement change and monitor performance.
* Evidence of collaboration across a complex organization
* Project management skills and experience
* Strong diagnostic skills leading to sound judgment and decision making
* To be able to deploy HR process, policy, practice, tools and techniques as required
* CIPD intermediate level
* Coaching, mentoring and mediation qualification desirable
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Monitoring & Responding OfficerHaringeyContract£20 Umbrella P/HWe are currently looking for a Monitoring & Responding Officer for a role in Haringey....Apply For This Job
Multi-Trade Plasterer - IslingtonAn exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Trade Plasterer in the London Borough of Islington.£19.96 -...Apply For This Job
Novax recruitment are currently hiring for a Trading Standards Officer based in Mersyside. Candidates must have: Professional CSTI Trading Standards...Apply For This Job
Placement OfficerBristolContract£19 P/H We are currently looking for a Placement Officer for a role in Bristol. The Placements and Purchasing...Apply For This Job
Plumber - HackneyAn exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Plumber in Hackney.This is a full-time position(36 hours per week).£19.50-£21.50.Roles...Apply For This Job
Brokerage OfficerOxfordFull-time temporary contract£13.50 per hour The Care & Support Brokerage Service arranges and purchases care and support to meet...Apply For This Job