Full-time temporary contract
£23 per hour
To provide a high quality and comprehensive legal service on all aspects of law relating to housing and general administrative law.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To be responsible for the provision of legal advice and casework and the delivery of a high quality client focused service on behalf of the Housing Law Team
* To create effective working relationships and work in partnership with service directorates, lawyers and other teams in the delivery of legal services.
* To contribute to effective communication within the team, across Law and Governance and Service Directorates.
* To draft all necessary contracts and other documents and to provide concise and clear written and oral legal advice to officers including chief officers and Members.
* To undertake legal research where necessary and in particular in respect of new legislation.
* To work effectively with other colleagues and team members in respect of complex work or projects, including the provision of training on legal issues to internal and external persons or agencies.
* To utilise the legal case management system and assist in the implementation of any new information technology or other systems that may be necessary for the efficient working of the team/department.
* To be responsible for preparing reports for and attending committees, working parties and other meetings where legal advice is required.
* Ability to deal sensitively with confidential matters.
* Ability to work in a team and in partnership with various stakeholders and professional advisors and maintain good client relations.
* Excellent communication at all levels orally and in writing and the ability to explain the law simply and concisely.
* Experience of advising clients and meeting deadlines and time recording.
* Experience of preparing, drafting, negotiating and completing legal documents in the field of contracts law.
* Good working knowledge and application of legal case management systems
* Knowledge of English and European legislation relevant to the area of law for the post advertised.
* Knowledge of Local Government and administrative law and extensive knowledge and experience in the area of law for the post advertised.
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications, and believe you are suitable for the role please apply directly!
Business Support AssistantLincolnshireFull-time temporary contract£10 per hour The purpose of the role:As part of the wider Business Support family, to...Apply For This Job
ElectricianThe post would be to carry out electrical repairs, installations and testing in Selby domestic housing stock.Working hours would be...Apply For This Job
Customer Service AgentAshton-under-Lyne£11 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking customer service agents based in Ashton-under-Lyne.This role is a...Apply For This Job
Home to School Transport Eligibility Administrative OfficerOxford£14 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively searching for a Home to School...Apply For This Job
Human Resources AssistantLiverpoolFull-time 15 month contract£14.71 per hourThe purpose of the role is:- To assist in the provision of human...Apply For This Job