Administrative Assistant (PA)
Full-time temporary contract
£10.50 per hour
* The post holder will be responsible for providing a comprehensive personal assistant and administrative service to the Executive Deans/ Heads of School and provide diary management support only for other management contract holders at Faculty level and Deputy Heads within the School.
* The role requires effective communication and liaison both internal and external to the University, at local, national and international levels.
* Role holders are expected to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of the immediate and broader team across the Registry to meet ongoing business requirements maintain appropriate cover and coordinate the full range of administrative functions and events through the academic cycle. This may involve changes to responsibilities and working in different areas as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide a comprehensive personal assistant service for Executive Dean/Heads of School including diary and email management, assisting with personal organisation, setting up and maintenance of filing systems, fact finding, dealing with telephone calls and enquiries, drafting correspondence, arranging meetings/appointments including ordering catering and arranging car parking, receiving visitors, preparing papers, assisting with reports and the organisation of Faculty/ School events such as Away Days and conferences.
* To provide support to Executive Dean/Heads of School with finance processes in relation to Corporate/Purchasing Card, booking and arranging travel, accommodation, conferences, purchasing goods and services in line with Financial Regulations.
* To support Executive Dean/Heads of School with the recruitment of staff in liaison with HR, including organising interview arrangements and timely notifications to HR in line with the recruitment procedure. Acting as a point of contact for HPL/ Ad-hoc staff contracts and coordinating the sickness absence in line with the University process and assist with RTW checks on an ad-hoc basis only.
* To act as a central point of contact for the Faculty/School for other Professional Services such as Marketing, Estates Management, LIS, Telecoms and HR in relation to restructures, staff changes, staff recruitment and assist with access of space allocation; distribution of keys. To be proactive in signposting staff, in liaison with the Academic Service Resources Team, to self-service systems and guides.
* Specific to PAs to Executive Dean: To provide diary management support only for other management contract holders at Faculty level including the Director of Research. To support the Executive Dean in the preparation of reports, annual planning including fact finding, liaising with relevant services and acting as a point of contact to coordinate information across the Faculty. To provide support to the Executive Dean with activities specific to the Faculty such as Dean’s Council meetings (LSBE).
* Specific to PAs to Head of School: To provide diary management support only for the Deputy Heads. To assist Heads of School with Workload Planning activities acting as a liaison point for the School. To provide support to the Head of School with activities specific to the School such as arranging Trust Breakfast meeting (Health).
* To arrange and service meetings relating to Faculty/School such as FET/SET including the preparation of agendas, minuting of meetings, distributing action sheets, maintaining up-to-date records and checking action taken and undertaking any follow up.
* To support where required in University wide-events such as Open/Applicant Days, Graduation, Welcome and Registration.
* To attend relevant meetings and events to contribute to defining processes and procedures and to the creation and maintenance of associated plans and schedules.
* Substantial recent experience working as a Personal Assistant or equivalent
* Experience of managing a varied and demanding workload using initiative and excellent organisational skills.
* Experience and confident in the use of Microsoft Office suite of packages, electronic diary and filing systems.
* Experience of servicing meetings and of organising, updating and maintaining accurate records and information.
* Evidence of proactiveness in the continual review of working practices
* A range of GCSEs, including English Language and Maths at Grade C or above, or appropriate equivalent experiential learning
* Word Processing/typing/IT qualification or demonstrable equivalent experiential learning
* Demonstrable evidence of both strong written and verbal communication skills to outline objectives and present information clearly and succinctly to individuals and groups
* Minuting skills
* Ability to service meetings
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Performance Data ManagerBristolFull-time temporary contract£160 a dayUnder the direction of Performance and Information Manager you will manage and lead a...Apply For This Job
LawyerLondonFull-time temporary contract£23 per hourJOB PURPOSE To provide a high quality and comprehensive legal service on all aspects of law...Apply For This Job
Reablement Scheduling and Support OfficerGreenwich Contract £20 UmbrellaWe are currently looking for a Reablement Scheduling and Support Officer. The postholder...Apply For This Job
Technology LeadNorthallertonFull-time temporary contract£450 a dayPredominantly office basedThe purpose of this role is to be responsible for specialist technology areas...Apply For This Job
Customer Services AdvisorMacclesfieldFull-time temporary contract£10 per hour JOB PURPOSETo resolve a broad range of customer enquiries received face to face...Apply For This Job