Senior Finance Officer
Full-time temporary contract
£200 a day
The purpose of the role is to support the Finance Manager Company Accounts in providing a high quality and comprehensive accountancy service to Enfield Council’s companies. The Council currently has four wholly owned companies:
* Housing Gateway Ltd
* Enfield Innovations Ltd
* energetik Ltd
* Independence and Wellbeing Enfield Ltd
The service to be provided will include:
* Preparation of annual statutory accounts
* Liaison with external auditors ensure successful completion for each company of the annual audit process for each company
* Providing information for the Council’s annual audit and assisting in the production of the Council’s group accounts
* Preparing comprehensive monthly financial reports to the Company Boards
* Contributing to the production of long term and medium-term financial plans
* Setting and monitoring annual budgets
* Contributing to the production of annual reports
* Contributing to the production of quarterly reports to the Council’s Stakeholder Sub-Committee
* Assisting in the provision of high-quality financial advice to each Board
* Assisting in the provision of financial implications of any new initiatives proposed by the Boards
* Setting up, managing and maintaining the accounting ledgers for each company
* Setting up, managing and maintaining bank accounts, ensuring a positive cashflow
* Submission of VAT returns
* Ensuring that invoices are processed and paid on time
* Ensuring that invoices are raised and income received on time
* Ensuring that adequate financial regulations, procedures and processes are in place to suit each company’s needs
* Ensuring adherence to financial regulations
* leading on the financial input to procurement processes
* Attending team meetings and other meetings as required
* To coach and develop colleagues to have a commercial focus, sell the service and raise standards, consistency and productivity.
* Senior Finance Officers are expected to actively champion continuous improvement and the implementation of automation and efficient ways of working.
* To work with Company Directors and colleagues in the Finance Team to ensure that the service provided meets expectations and that information flows are efficient and effective.
* Responsible for leading on specific tasks including the production of annual accounts to trial balance, provision of excellent supporting evidence for audit and liaison with auditors to ensure completion of timely, unqualified statutory accounts, VAT returns, bank reconciliation, ledger control, cash flow control, budget monitoring, financial planning and the provision of financial activity support to the companies.
* Proactively develop commercial awareness, skills, understanding and abilities in delivering finance services to the companies.
* Take ownership of specific finance processes to ensure all officers are appropriately trained and able to carry out these processes in a consistent and efficient manner.
* Proactively coach and develop and quality assure the work of others on how best to deliver the service, standards and performance indicators, driving a step change in team productivity.
* Deal professionally and effectively with all contacts from a wide range of people, including senior managers where appropriate, using tact and discretion, assessing needs and re-directing enquiries, where appropriate.
* Deal with escalations from company staff and Directors and officers from across the Council to ensure any issues are resolved and requests are completed in a timely manner and guide the resolution of issues being undertaken by Finance Officers.
* Continuously develop and maintain up to date technical knowledge to ensure core IT requirements are met and opportunities to increase automation within the function are identified.
* Organise and prioritise own workload as appropriate, keeping Finance Managers aware of demands which may impact on targets/deadlines and service standards.
* Inform opportunities to eliminate waste, stop non-value adding activities and maximise the potential of simplified and shared ways of working and automation.
* Support implementation of ICT/automation to deliver efficiencies
* AAT qualified/part qualified CCAB accountant
* Excellent experience and understanding of company accounting, in particular production of accounts to trial balance, provision of excellent supporting evidence for audit and liaison with auditors to ensure completion of timely, unqualified statutory accounts
* Experience in the provision of information for Board reports, including ratio analysis, cash flow analysis, budget monitoring and outturn reports
* Experience of leading change/efficiency initiatives
* Excellent communication skills and experience including working with senior stakeholders
* Excellent IT/Technical skills, knowledge
* Proactive development of skills and knowledge
* Excellent organisational skills, with experience in keeping timely, complete and accurate records and prioritising of a heavy and diverse workload
* CCAB accountancy qualification
* ICT technical experience
* CCAB accountancy qualification desirable
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Administrative Assistant (PA)PrestonFull-time temporary contract£10.50 per hour Job Purpose: * The post holder will be responsible for providing a comprehensive...Apply For This Job
Full Job DescriptionWe are looking for a professional Principal Planning Officer to fill a vacancy in East Hertfordshire.Principal Planning OfficerFrom:...Apply For This Job
Graphic DesignerWorcester£12.50 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a Graphic Designer based in Worcester. This is a temp...Apply For This Job
Customer Services AdvisorEastbourne£10 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a Customer Services Advisor based in Eastbourne. This is...Apply For This Job
Committee and Members Service ManagerSwindonFull-time contract (3-6 months)£30 per hour The purpose of this role is * To lead, manage...Apply For This Job