Payroll Processing and Control Officer
Full-time 12 month contract
£17 per hour
(can be done remotely)
The purpose of the role:
* Processing all monthly payrolls across each authority payroll systems.
* Deliver a high quality, consistent and professional service that meets strategic objectives, service level agreements (SLA), legislation, policies and procedures, being efficient and effective, whilst meeting agreed timeframes, standards and targets.
* Provide professional and expert advice and support in a cost effective, efficient and solutions-focussed way that ensures customer satisfaction and positively impacts customer confidence and experience of the service.
* Provide complex advice and deal with complex queries and process resolution in accordance with legislation, operational procedures and employee terms and conditions.
* Provide assistance & support to other members of the team to enable them to deliver the required levels of service
* Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise and knowledge on relevant legislation, policies, procedures and employee terms and conditions.
* Develop and maintain systems and procedures for service delivery and support, scrutinising payroll output to identify anomalies and escalating to officers
* To lead on the administration of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme across two funds and be the main point of contact and expert advisor on all Teacher Pension Scheme issues and queries including reconciliation of the MCR
* Run payrolls, ensuring errors are raised as required, process run reports for payroll officers to check and validate runs.
* Produce payslips, BACS process and reports for clients.
* Run interfaces for G.L. Create direct debits for school recharging and ensure suspense account is clear every pay run
* Liaise with the tax office, Department of Works and Pensions and the LPFA as required.
* Respond to third party accident claims providing complex breakdowns of salaries.
* Identify and record any system faults and follow these up with Business Systems as appropriate.
* Administer, co-ordinate and make payroll input onto the payroll system in line with internal policies & procedures and audit recommendations, on a range of procedures which include:
– Preparing amendments/variations of employment.
– Processing sickness records/SSP/sickness entitlements.
– Processing statutory leave arrangements-
– Processing resignations and retirements-
* Keep abreast of legislative changes concerning taxation and other statutory payments and deductions, thus responsible for advice & guidance on matters relating to tax and statutory payments to employees.
* Issue payments outside of a payroll run and to ensure that all documentation is filed appropriately
* Ensuring reports are run and reconciled and payments are prepared to ensure statutory deadlines for payments are met.
* Identify when issues are arising and flag with the Team Lead as necessary.
* Analyse and interpret financial payments and carries out detailed financial calculations or reconciliations to ensure accuracy and validity, including undertaking complex pay calculations, and including gross to net and amendments to the payroll system as required.
* Financial/Resources responsibility for processing and reconciling complex information, completing complex transactions in accordance with procedures
* Ensure records and information systems, manual and computerised, are maintained, updated and accurate. Assisting officers in processing and inputting information into the appropriate system.
* Work flexibly and proactively with colleagues across HR services and with service managers to deliver in a responsive customer focussed way and to deliver the desired culture across the organisation(s). Contributing to the development of self service.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Ability to provide clear and effective support to customers and officers.
* Ability to assist in the implementation of ICT solutions and to learn and use new systems quickly.
* Ability to prepare simple reports and documents.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to develop and maintain good, productive working relationships with managers and Payroll colleagues in a highly customer focused environment.
* Able to demonstrate and evidence knowledge and experience in:
– The need to be proficient in developing and implementing effective Payroll processes, assessments and be able to evaluate their success.
– Knowledge of Conditions of Service/Council Policy and Statutory Legislation.
– Knowledge of HR/payroll and related software.
– Experience of working within a payroll service.
– Detailed knowledge of the latest developments and best practice in payroll and relevant employment legislation.
– Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and/or access in order to input and manipulate data.
– Demonstrate good knowledge and commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace including how effective recruitment can impact on the workforce profile.
– Experience of working efficiently, effectively and accurately in a complex and busy Payroll setting.
– Experience of using Microsoft databases/spreadsheets.
– Experience of dealing effectively with customers face to face and on the telephone
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
LawyerLondonFull-time temporary contract£23 per hourJOB PURPOSE To provide a high quality and comprehensive legal service on all aspects of law...Apply For This Job
HR Consultant Nottingham£18.00 per hourFull-time temporary contractAn experienced HR Consultant is required to provide high quality recruitment consultancy, support and...Apply For This Job
Technology LeadNorthallertonFull-time temporary contract£450 a dayPredominantly office basedThe purpose of this role is to be responsible for specialist technology areas...Apply For This Job
Human Resources AssistantLiverpoolFull-time 15 month contract£14.71 per hourThe purpose of the role is:- To assist in the provision of human...Apply For This Job
Full Job DescriptionWe are looking for a professional Housing Allocations Officer to fill a vacancy in Charnwood.Housing Allocations OfficerFrom: £14.50...Apply For This Job