Senior Finance Officer
Full time temporary contract
£17.85 per hour
The purpose of the role is to deliver the full range of financial management services, in order to meet both Directorate requirements and the client’s Corporate financial requirements, and to deputise for the Principal Finance Officer when required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To undertake preparation of the revenue budget and capital programme, including budgets for grant and other external funding, within approved deadlines.
* To advise and support Directorates in identifying and securing additional sources of external funding in liaison with external partners and funding agencies, to participate in the evaluation of bids for resources and service developments, and ensure proper financial appraisals are undertaken.
* To ensure that appropriate budgetary control and monitoring systems are in place, in accordance with Financial Regulations, and that approved financial procedures are operated.
* To attend meetings, working groups, etc., as the representative of the Operational Director, Finance, to give advice and guidance on all financial matters.
* To deputise for the Principal Finance Officer as and when required including supervising the People team.
* To provide regular monitoring reports in respect of all revenue, capital, grant and externally funded expenditure to the Management Team, Members, and Budget Managers, including the provision of financial data and analysis when required.
* To advise Budget Managers within Adult social care, Children’s services and Public Health on all aspects of revenue and capital accounting and finance, including the provision of guidance manuals and training where required, in order to assist with their budget management and decision making.
* To assist in the year-end final accounts process in accordance with all relevant guidance and statutory requirements, and to liaise with external auditors.
* To ensure prompt completion of all grant claims, ensure proper accounting arrangements are in place for grant-funded expenditure, all available grants are maximised, and to liaise with external auditors.
* To ensure prompt completion of financial returns, statistical returns, performance indicators, and unit cost analyses required by Government Departments and other external bodies, in accordance with the relevant deadlines
* To attend and contribute to departmental and inter-authority working groups as required
* To liaise with Government Departments, and other external bodies and agencies, as required.
* To undertake special projects and any other duties that may be assigned commensurate with the responsibility of the post.
* 5 years recent experience within a local government or health finance environment
* Understanding of the accounts cycle and the importance and impact of the final accounts process.
* Proven experience and knowledge of accounting treatment for adult social care.
* Ability to write & present reports dealing with complex financial issues in a clear and concise manner.
* Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise work.
* Ability to use initiative and make sound judgements, working with minimum supervision.
* Excellent oral communication skills
* Confidence in liaising with senior officers.
* Ability to consistently achieve tight deadlines.
* Confidence in leading a small team when required.
* Understanding of accounting requirements for grant and other external funding.
* Ability to provide creative and innovative solutions to issues and problems.
* Excellent analytical skills, in order to evaluate and report upon financial data.
* Recent experience within Adult Social Care in a local government finance environment.
* Proven experience of monitoring Pool Budgets under agreement with CCG & other LA’s.
* Knowledge and understanding of local government accounting and finance
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Debt Recovery Assistant AbingdonFull-time temporary contract£14 per hour * The ASC Income team is responsible for managing the invoicing and...Apply For This Job
Young Carers Key WorkerWest SussexContract £12 P/H We are currently recruing for a Young Carers Key Worker to work in...Apply For This Job
Job roleSenior Engineer - ParkingSalary£25 p/hJob typeContract (37.50 hours per week)Location:SloughRoles and responsibilities:* To design and implement parking development schemes...Apply For This Job
Young Victims AdvocateNorth SomersetContract£15 P/H We are currently recrutiing for a Young Victims Advocate to work in Northsomerset within the...Apply For This Job
PA - Executive DirectorsSlough£16 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a PA to a suite of Executive Directors....Apply For This Job