Gas Service Engineer – Greenwich
To undertake highly skilled activities across a wide range of Gas related jobs in domestic properties, ensuring that the quality of works meet current, Gas Safety (Installation and use) Regulations 1998 requirements. To keep accurate records of works undertaken and materials used.
This is a full-time role(35 hours per week)
£22 – £24 PAYE.
Gas Service Engineer – Roles and Responsibilities:-
1. To provide a wide range of professional Gas related skills throughout all contracts serviced by Building Services, and where appropriate, to take a lead role when working as a team or in conjunction with other trades (up to 5 others).
2. To have a concise understanding of Domestic Gas works in order to carry out repairs and installations as needed. Certificate work when completed
(NB this acknowledges personal liability as per regulations)
3. Apply and fully complete the correct CP12 certification or equivalent.
4. To operate and maintain Gas testing equipment ensuring annual calibration is carried out. Following testing decide on appropriate actions including, if necessary, evacuation of premises and involvement of direct emergency services.
5. To hold appropriate certification for all Gas works undertaken.
6. To set out work from an engineering drawing.
7. To supervise and train apprentices and other trainees/work experience individuals as assigned by management.
8. To drive and operate vehicles within your capabilities as requested by the line manager. To maintain required qualifications/licences and accreditations for all these vehicles.
9. To liaise with the line manager and Building Services admin staff to discuss job orders, and to where necessary agree variations to orders before undertaking the work.
10. To liaise with client officers and residents on works orders providing advise and experience. Where necessary discuss work with client officers and initiate variation orders as needed.
11. To record and document all works undertaken in line with the SOR to assist in the final accounting process.
12. To use new IT/hand held technology correctly as per training provided.
13. To use a range of powered tools and equipment, small tools and access equipment and to report all defects.
14. To clean and undertake minor maintenance of equipment ensuring that plant is maintained in a safe working order for day-to-day operational duties. Ensure all electrical equipment has the appropriate PAT testing certification and that ladders are cleared for safe use.
15. To be responsible for the security of vehicles and plant used ensuring they are locked or stored in a safe place overnight.
16. Ensure that stocks of materials used are recorded and agreed levels are maintained as specified by Building Services Quality Management Systems.
17. When working alone or alongside other tradespersons provide assistance to enable the works to be completed to the appropriate standard and within the priority of the order.
18. To have due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety legislation at all times and to work in accordance to the Building Services RED FOLDER induction. To be aware at all times when working, of the possible presence of asbestos and if found, to follow the Asbestos Procedure accordingly
19. To be responsible for the Health Welfare and safety of others whilst undertaking works (Protection of the Public).
20. To keep up to date with all developments within the building trade and to willingly participating in any training deemed necessary by the line manger
21. To respond to emergency call out as appropriate and in the event of a Borough emergency and to attend and assist as required.
22. To fully comply with Building Services’ Quality Management system, contributing to the system and put forward to management any proposals or amendments to improve Building Services operation and ensure continuous improvement of the service.
23. Attend and contribute to all staff meetings as requested by Building Services management
24. To carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety at Work requirements and regulations, the Client’s Equal Opportunities policies, Customer Care Policy, and Corporate/Departmental aims, values and objectives.
If you are intersted in our Gas Service Engineer role, please contact lucas on 0161 241 0370, or email
Team Support OfficerWokingham£10 per hourFull-time temporary contract General description of the job: * Respond to internal and external queries and...Apply For This Job
LawyerGreenwich Full-time temporary contract £18.71 per hour To be responsible to the Senior Lawyer for the conduct of legal work...Apply For This Job
Admin Support Officer (finance)Hackney Full-time temporary contract£15.51 per hour PURPOSE OF THE JOB:To carry out the financial assessments of service...Apply For This Job
Information Governance and Data Protection professional with experience of the following: * Advising on Data Protection Impact Assessments * Undertaking...Apply For This Job
Plasterer - NorthumberlandAn exciting plasterer vacancy has arisen within the Northumberland area.£13.05 - £15.05 PAYE.To undertake repairs to housing stock,...Apply For This Job