Full-time temporary contract
£18.71 per hour
To be responsible to the Senior Lawyer for the conduct of legal work in respect of prosecutions and Licensing matters as allocated in the Housing & Litigation Team and the provision of legal advice and support to Chief Officers and their staff on such matters.
To undertake a varied caseload in all matters as allocated.
1. To have full conduct of a caseload, taking instructions, negotiating with relevant parties, preparing all relevant documents, liaising with solicitors, the courts and external agencies and all ancillary matters.
2. To supervise the work of assigned professional and support staff as necessary.
3. To have full conduct of matters receiving instructions, liaising with relevant parties, assisting with the preparation of matters for consideration by the client’s Committees.
4. To negotiate on behalf of the client with external agencies and individuals on matters relating to the client’s functions.
5. To appear as advocate on behalf of the client before the Courts or instruct Counsel as appropriate.
6. To act as Legal Adviser to the client’s Committees including writing reports and otherwise attending and advising Committees as requires.
7. To attend at working parties, case conferences, planning meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
8. To interpret and draft reports on new, existing and proposed legislation, keep abreast of changes to the law and inform Officers and Members accordingly.
9. To present training courses and seminars for Members, officers and others as necessary.
10. To keep abreast of all current legal and professional requirements and inform and instruct colleagues as necessary. Assess and report, as required, on the implications of new and proposed legislation and its effect on the work and responsibilities of the client.
11. To maximise the use and effectiveness of computer systems.
12. To liaise effectively with external solicitors, consultants, experts, government departments and members of the public.
13. To undertake any other work appropriate to the level and general nature of the post’s duties.
14. To carry out all duties with due regard to the provision of the Health and Safety Regulations and Legislation and the client’s Equal Opportunities and Customer Care Policies, Quality Service Objectives, and New Technology Agreement.
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Ability To Communicate Effectively Both Orally & In Writing To A Wide Range Of People
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Able To Work Under Pressure To Strict Deadlines
* Good Time Management Skills
* It Skills
AdministratorReading£10 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking an administrator based in Reading. This is on a contract basis...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a professional Housing Standards Officer to fill a vacancy in Shropshire.Housing Standards OfficerFrom: £17.5 p/hContract: 37...Apply For This Job
PA - Executive DirectorsSlough£16 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a PA to a suite of Executive Directors....Apply For This Job
Business Support CoordinatorStaffordshireFull-time temporary contract£13.50We are looking for a Business Support professional who will work with and report to the...Apply For This Job
Brick layer - Derby.Brick layer required to carry out general building and associated works to social housing properties.Full-Time (37 hours)....Apply For This Job