HR Business Manager
Full-time temporary contract
£182.07 a day
To deliver an effective business management service to the Director of HR & OD and to support to the HR and OD Service ensuring that programmes, projects and activities across the service are co-ordinated and that the Director and Assistant Directors within the service have the right support to deliver an efficient and effective HR and OD service.
Co-ordinate the work of the HR & OD leadership team, ensuring that the team have the support they need to deliver the service.
To ensure effective communication on developments in the HR & OD service with the business and provide regular and timely updates to engage the workforce.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Providing executive support for the Director of HR & OD by responding to emails directly to the business and finding creative solutions.
* Take the lead on resolving HR & OD queries on behalf of the Director of HR & OD by liaising with members of HR & OD.
* To lead on procurement activity for the HR & OD Division and ensure compliance with standing orders and governance requirements.
* Conduct research and benchmarking into people management issues and preparing reports to present findings.
* Preparing reports on behalf of the Director of HR & OD and presentation to relevant boards.
* Responsible for providing secretariat duties for meetings on behalf of the Director of HR & OD, reviewing and following up actions and setting standards across the HR & OD Division.
* Support the Director of HR & OD and the HR & OD leadership team to operationally deliver the service through ensuring co-ordination of weekly meetings, co-ordination, regular communication and oversight of the strategic output tracker.
* Setting up and maintaining business support services within HR & OD and ensuring the effective storing and retrieval of HR & OD related documentation.
* Provide central co-ordination for financial and contract management services such as raising purchase orders, budget / financial management, agency worker administration and assisting in the setting up of service contracts.
* Co-ordinating the daily activities of the HR & OD transformation programme to support colleagues to keep track of delivery to maintain maximum output.
* Act as the key point of contact to schedule away days and service development meetings.
* Co-ordinating recruitment and resource planning for projects and ensure that work scheduling takes place to ensure the HR & OD Leadership Team are able to manage peaks and troughs in workflow throughout the year.
* Act as the lead point of contact for recruitment activity with HR & OD including planning and scheduling end to end recruitment activity.
* Co-ordinate the work of the HR & OD leadership team to support the management of budgets and liaising with finance.
* Carry out deep dive / service audits under the direction of the Director of HR and OD to ensure that projects, programmes and activities are progressing and meet quality standards.
* Co-ordinate the performance reporting and tracking of service targets and corporate KPI’s on behalf of the HR & OD leadership team.
* Co-ordinate and deliver HR & OD reports to be shared with the Chief Executive and directorates and set standards of quality control across the HR & OD division.
* Co-ordinate and manage the report /decision making governance ensuring that the management of the forward plan is up to date, reports and decision papers are available and shared with the appropriate stakeholders’ boards and groups at the appropriate time.
* Line manage HR & OD apprentices providing direction and support on the co-ordination of allocated activities and tasks.
* Provide central co-ordination support for HR & OD related subject access and freedom of information requests.
* Maintains confidentiality at all times to ensure effective protection of data and prevent disclosure of sensitive people management information.
* Qualification in Human Resource Manager (part CIPD qualification) or working towards it.
* Experience of providing business support functions in an HR & Organisational Development service.
* Experience of providing first level people management advice in a large multi-cultural business.
* Experience of developing project, programme and delivery plans co-ordinating these with others, providing leadership and influence to ensure progress.
* Experience of setting up system and processes to track delivery of HR & OD priorities and ensure effective delivery and output.
* Experience of working in an HR & OD Service and providing business support to the director and senior officers.
* Experience of providing business support functions in large multi-cultural organisations.
* Experience of providing financial management administration and budget management.
* Experience of working in and providing a customer focused environment and how it relates to HR & OD services provided to the business.
* Experience of providing secretariat functions in an HR & OD environment service.
* Experience of developing, maintaining, and storing documents and plans and ensuring that these are accessible, up to date and confidential as appropriate.
* Understands how to establish business systems (administration and finance) to ensure the service and team can work efficiently.
* Ability to work with Members, senior managers and directors across the business
* Ability to set up an effective business administration functions for the HR & OD service with experience of complex diary management and providing support within the business.
* Ability to write effective reports that are clearly presented for the target audience.
* Ability to interpret financial, people and performance data and provide appropriate commentary.
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Job rolePublic Health ConsultantSalary£700 p/d Job typePart time contract22.5 hours across 3-4 days a weekInitially 6 weeks with possible...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a professional Housing Standards Officer to fill a vacancy in Shropshire.Housing Standards OfficerFrom: £17.5 p/hContract: 37...Apply For This Job
Job roleEnvironmental Health OfficerSalary£18 p/hJob type6-month Contract initially with chance of extension ( 37 hours per week)Location:CravenRoles and responsibilities:* To...Apply For This Job
Business Support CoordinatorStaffordshireFull-time temporary contract£13.50We are looking for a Business Support professional who will work with and report to the...Apply For This Job
You will be managing complex projects that will require attention to detail, strategic thinking and a creative approach to overcoming...Apply For This Job