Control Centre Operator – Cardiff:
The Contact Centre Operator will be responsible for receiving and responding to a range of calls including emergency and priority calls from vulnerable or elderly callers. Manageing a range of support services to employees and customers of the council including lone working, virtual concierge and CCTV monitoring.
The role requires an standard DBS check. The post holder will be required to work on rota basis with a rotating shift pattern across the 24/7 period. Please note that the service is 24/7 every day of the year including Bank Holidays and Public Holidays and will therefore be eligible for appropriate shift allowance and weekend/night enhancements. With enhancements considered the estimated pay roughly equates to a staff member working 37 hours per week at grade 4.
The position is a joint Telecare and CCTV Control Centre Operator role.
Duties and Responsibilities
* To deliver services to customers across a range of services including making outbound welfare calls vulnerable or elderly customers.
* To understand, support and advise a wide range of customers who will be making enquiries concerning Council services through multiple channels of access.
* To work with colleagues within the Contact Centre and other service areas to ensure the highest levels of call resolution and customer satisfaction.
* To have an understanding and knowledge of technology used within the centre for lone working devices and CCTV images.
* To deal with sensitive and emergency situations effectively and efficiently liaising with other customers, care agencies are/or emergency services.
* To take responsibility and follow protocols for virtual concierge requests, capturing and utilising CCTV images and any emergency requests for lone working devices/anti-social behaviour.
Job Specific Requirement
* To receive and respond to issues reported to the contact centre including emergency and priority calls from vulnerable and elderly customers.
* To listen patiently, to empathise with the customer’s situation and convey a genuine desire to help and support.
* Communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately to a wide range of customer and colleagues.
* To provide accurate, meaningful and consistent advice to customers, ensuring that they understand the action which will be taken.
* To liaise with officers from a range of council and partner agencies including out of hours highways, noise pollution and emergency services.
* Adhere to set guidelines for calls received out of hours for key stakeholders dealing with repairs and schemes.
* Work with current and emerging technology to enhance customer contact service.
* Work as part of the wider team ensuring continuous improvement responding to change in a positive manner.
Other relevant information on skills and abilities are below Area to be Demonstrated.
* Seek to understand our customer needs
* Asking for customer feedback
* Using feedback to inform our actions, priorities and recommendations Getting Things Done
* Ensuring own and, where applicable, others’ outputs meet requirements
* Identifying and communicating priorities to relevant people
* Identifying where the right resources and skills are available Taking Personal Responsibility
* Being consistent and fair in dealings with others
* Rectifying errors and seeking appropriate guidance and support to correct them
* Sharing of all relevant information with others Seeking to understand others and treating them with respect
* Asking about others’ views and feelings, and actively listening and acknowledging these * Acknowledging and considering the different views and ideas of others
* Checking own understanding of how others feel
If you re interested in our Control Centre Operator Role in cardiff, please get in touch.
Recruitment AdvisorDerbyshireFull-time temporary contract£10 per hour We're looking for an experienced recruiter to join our busy team. You'll contribute to...Apply For This Job
Access & Support OfficerCamden Contract £15 P/HWe are currently looking for a Access & Support Officer to work in Camden...Apply For This Job
Administrative Assistant PrestonFull-time temporary contract£11 per hourJob Purpose:The post holder will contribute to developing, maintaining and implementing effective and efficient...Apply For This Job
Family Services WorkerCreweContract £13 P/H We are currently looking for a Family Services Worker to work in Crewe within the...Apply For This Job
Legal AssistantBarking, London3 month contract£12.50 / hourWe have a new opportunity to work for an amazing company in East Ham!The...Apply For This Job