To work as part of a team in delivering cleaner, safer and well maintained estates and blocks whilst continuously improving services to the common parts of estates in accordance with agreed targets and the aspirations of residents.
In line with other Local Authorities and similar organisations this post will require a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Caretaker Key Accountabilities:
1. To be responsible for completing cleaning tasks in compliance with schedules, frequencies and methods which are defined or may be amended in accordance with the guidelines or as directed by Neighbourhood Caretaker Team Leader.
2. Utilising equipment and technology, as directed and provided, for the better performance of the required duties.
3. To work as part of a team in delivering measurable increases in customer satisfaction levels.
4. To actively engage as part of the Environmental Services team to seek more efficient and effective methods of ensuring that estates are clean and safe for residents who live there as well as visitors.
5. To achieve cleaning requirements as set out in the local work programme using appropriate equipment and chemicals in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
6. To clean all common parts of a housing estate, in accordance with the local work programme, schedules and frequencies. Methods required, which, not exclusively, will include:
* The sweeping and/or washing of all communal staircases, entrances, foyers, passages, courtyards, car parks, hard standing areas, chute chamber rooms and refuse storage rooms.
* The cleaning and/or washing of lift car floors and walls, lamp shades and diffusers, estate signs, stair balustrades, estate furniture and other such communal fixtures and fittings as may be prescribed.
7. In accordance with the local work programme, schedules and frequencies and/or as required:
* Remove and cleanly dispose of any overspill in refuse container storage rooms.
* Rotate refuse containers to avoid such overspills as required.
* Check refuse chutes and if possible, clear blockages. If not possible to clear, report to the Neighbourhood Caretaking Team Leader or other appropriate officer.
* Empty and clean estate litterbins.
* Remove weeds and other plant material, as required, from hard standing areas.
* Litter pick all estate shrub/rose/flower beds.
* Sweep all hard standing communal areas including car parks, playgrounds and drying areas.
* Remove graffiti from any estate area within agreed timescales: Abusive/offensive/illegal = 24 hours. All other graffiti within 5 working days.
8. To liaise with residents, Safer Tower Hamlets Teams, Estate Wardens and other services in emergency situations.
9. To ensure that all estate incidents are recorded and such information provided to the Neighbourhood Caretaker Team Leader.
10. On a daily basis examine the status of communal estate lighting, replacing defective light bulbs during this examination or when identified as needing so, and in accordance with agreed schedules, frequencies, methods and as required.
11. To carry out monthly health and safety and fire risk inspection of all communal internal and external areas and keep written or electronic record of this. Any identified defects of safety concerns to be dealt by or reported to relevant department.
12. To ensure that quality and excellent customer care and the aspirations of residents are integrated into all aspects of service provision.
13. To ensure all tasks undertaken are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
14. Promptly report all matters discovered during in the course of his/her duties, which might be considered to prejudice the health and safety or wellbeing of staff, residents or visitors to the housing estates, and where possible, taking such immediate action to make safe, as may be required to eliminate such risks.
15. To be responsible for the control, safekeeping and day-to-day maintenance of equipment.
16. In the event of adverse weather, take such measures including the clearing of snow, leaf clearing and the application of salt on hard surfaces or such other methods as directed, to ensure that, as far as may be practical, safe access to dwellings and common parts on housing estates is maintained.
17. The removal of bulk refuse deposited within the estate to a designated collection point ensuring the compliance of Health and Safety regulations.
18. Tower Hamlets Homes reserves the right to change the working patterns in future to ensure that the hours of the service reflects the needs of residents.
19. Meet the diverse needs of residents and staff, and promote equality in the workplace and wider community.
20. Carry out other reasonable ad hoc duties to support the Directorate which are commensurate with the expectation of the post as directed by the line manager or the Head of Service.
Business Intelligence LeadLondon Borough of NewhamContract£355 p/dThe council understands the importance of technology for improving services and reducing costs. This...Apply For This Job
HR ConsultantBasildon£17 per hourFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a HR consultant based in Basildon. This is a temporary...Apply For This Job
To clean the following on a daily basisThe tables and chairsBenchesRubbish binsSweep and cleanGeneral stain removalAssist in Park waste removal...Apply For This Job
SEND Team ManagerLiverpool£35 Per Hour (Umbrella)ContractAn exciting opportunity has arisen for a SEND Team Manager to work within Liverpool. The...Apply For This Job
Assistant Traffic Order OfficerLambethFull-time contract4-Month contract£22/HourResponsibilities:To support, assist and deputise for the Senior Traffic Orders Officer in preparing all highway-related...Apply For This Job