Legal Assistant – Litigation
3 month contract
£ 19 / hour
We have a new Legal Assistant position that has become available!
We are looking for someone who can deal with routine legal work and assist senior members of staff with legal work..
* Organising and carrying out legal tasks in one or more of the fields of civil and criminal litigation, planning, housing, social services, employment, regeneration, contracts and conveyancing or any other function within the Council’s duties
* Deal with routine legal enquiries by way of telephone, correspondence or advice
* Carry out a range of legal duties as allocated, including drafting routine pleadings, documentation, obtaining hearing dates, writing letters, obtaining statements, affidavits, preparing bundles, arranging service by post or personal service and arranging attendance at court, liaising with the parties concerned as appropriate
* Undertake non-defended common law/litigation matters and routine defended matters, attending at criminal and civil courts of competent jurisdiction on interlocutory matters, representing the Council where appropriate and drafting routine documentation
* To prepare or assist in preparing instructions for Counsel as required with supervision
* Undertake legal research and assist senior staff within legal services in respect of their work and ancillary duties as required
* To prepare routine reports for senior staff and colleagues as required
* To liaise with officers and managers in other departments, keeping them informed of progress of cases and taking any other appropriate measures to ensure continued client satisfaction
* To maximise the use and effectiveness of information technology systems
* To ensure that all duties are carried out with due regard to the provisions of health and safety legislation; the Council’s Equal Opportunities and Customer Care Policies; quality service objectives and other Council and Directorate requirements
* To undertake other temporary duties consistent with the overall purpose and duties of the post
* To assist the Legal Service to achieve the goals set out in its Business Plan including participating in projects to ensure the continuous improvement of the Service.
If you feel like you would be a good fit for the role, please send your CV to Alex at
Procurement Support Officer ChichesterFull Time (hybrid)6 month contract£11 / hourResponsibility:- Responsibility for planning and coordination of Procurement Board / Commercial...Apply For This Job
You will support HR Senior Business Partners with a focus on change, but managing HR and complex situations across with...Apply For This Job
To provide a professional and comprehensive cleaning service which must meet the expected standards required by Haringey Council.To ensure that...Apply For This Job
Business Support OfficerParklands Complex, Liverpool, L24 0TYContract £11.45 per hour We are looking for SEND Business Support Officers to join...Apply For This Job
Assistant Traffic Order OfficerLambethFull-time contract4-Month contract£22/HourResponsibilities:To support, assist and deputise for the Senior Traffic Orders Officer in preparing all highway-related...Apply For This Job