This position has been created to support the Finance Director in the day to day running of the finance function in the construction industry.
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
* Responsible for maintaining the purchase ledger including matching, coding and posting of all invoices including sub-contractors.
* Ownership of the end-to-end supplier process including liaising with buying department, site managers and workshop to ensure only valid invoices are processed in line with set processes.
* Reconcile suppliers’ statements to ensure all liabilities are recorded and paid in a timely manner.
* Preparation of supplier payment runs for review by the Finance Director. (Electronic cheque payments.)
* Responsible for raising customer invoices in accordance with the payment certs and ensure a timely collection of monies owed.
* Prepare aged debtor and creditor reports for review by the Finance Director.
* Reconcile the control accounts and prepare other ad-hoc reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis for review by the Finance Director.
* Maintain the Petty Cash Floats of the business.
* Support the Finance Director with month and year-end processes, like accruals, prepayments, WIP.
* Provide team cover and other ad hoc duties as requested.
* Deliver a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
* Effective and regular monitoring of key issues, KPIs and financial analysing and reporting to the Finance Director to ensure the department is meeting set targets and objectives.
* Managing the accounts team.
* Reconcile all bank accounts, petty cash and company credit cards.
* Reconcile all supplier and customer accounts.
* Preparing and submitting VAT returns, CIS returns and P32, and all associated processes relating to these functions.
Required skills, experience & knowledge
* Minimum Qualification – AAT L4
* Experience in a similar position within the Construction Industry
* Experience in dealing with high volume purchase ledger transaction in various currencies
* Solid understanding of VAT, CIS and Double Entry
* Credit control experience
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Accruals, Prepayment, WIP, Fixed Assets and Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Experience of managing suppliers and customers expectations
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the business and external parties, in a concise and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and being highly organised
* Advanced user of SAGE Line50
* Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experienced in problem solving and ‘thinking on your feet’
Desirable skills, experience & knowledge
* Experience in Construction Industry
* Experience working with Sage 50, Sage Payroll plus Excel.
* Experience implementing new software
Senior ArchitectOxfordPermanentUp to £47,000 p/a Are you looking for an exciting role in architecture? If so, we are working with...Apply For This Job
Are you an experienced Electrical Design Engineer looking to take that next step in your career?Do you want to work...Apply For This Job
Divisional Manager: Billing- Altrincham Permanent, Full Time Competitive basic salary OTE £80,000 -£100K commission up to 40% on...Apply For This Job
Role: Estimator - Structural SteelLocation - GlasgowPAYE - £40,000 - £45,000Company descriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen to join our client...Apply For This Job
Graduate Temporary Works Engineer£35k-£37kLondon, Leeds, BristolPermanent An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Temporary Works Engineer to join our...Apply For This Job