This position has been created to support the Finance Director in the day to day running of the finance function in the construction industry.
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
* Responsible for maintaining the purchase ledger including matching, coding and posting of all invoices including sub-contractors.
* Ownership of the end-to-end supplier process including liaising with buying department, site managers and workshop to ensure only valid invoices are processed in line with set processes.
* Reconcile suppliers’ statements to ensure all liabilities are recorded and paid in a timely manner.
* Preparation of supplier payment runs for review by the Finance Director. (Electronic cheque payments.)
* Responsible for raising customer invoices in accordance with the payment certs and ensure a timely collection of monies owed.
* Prepare aged debtor and creditor reports for review by the Finance Director.
* Reconcile the control accounts and prepare other ad-hoc reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis for review by the Finance Director.
* Maintain the Petty Cash Floats of the business.
* Support the Finance Director with month and year-end processes, like accruals, prepayments, WIP.
* Provide team cover and other ad hoc duties as requested.
* Deliver a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
* Effective and regular monitoring of key issues, KPIs and financial analysing and reporting to the Finance Director to ensure the department is meeting set targets and objectives.
* Managing the accounts team.
* Reconcile all bank accounts, petty cash and company credit cards.
* Reconcile all supplier and customer accounts.
* Preparing and submitting VAT returns, CIS returns and P32, and all associated processes relating to these functions.
Required skills, experience & knowledge
* Minimum Qualification – AAT L4
* Experience in a similar position within the Construction Industry
* Experience in dealing with high volume purchase ledger transaction in various currencies
* Solid understanding of VAT, CIS and Double Entry
* Credit control experience
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Accruals, Prepayment, WIP, Fixed Assets and Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Experience of managing suppliers and customers expectations
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the business and external parties, in a concise and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and being highly organised
* Advanced user of SAGE Line50
* Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experienced in problem solving and ‘thinking on your feet’
Desirable skills, experience & knowledge
* Experience in Construction Industry
* Experience working with Sage 50, Sage Payroll plus Excel.
* Experience implementing new software
Due to increased workload and company growth we are actively seeking an experienced Estimator to join our clients dynamic team....Apply For This Job
Repairs PlannerHillingdonFull-time contract3-Month contract£12/HourTo co-ordinate the scheduling of all reactive repairs to ensure that works are distributed, booked and delivered...Apply For This Job
Resourcer Altrincham,Working directly under the managing director assisting with a large number of clients in the construction/engineering sector.Commission structure We...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a Production foreman to lead an established team in a large structural steel workshop. This will...Apply For This Job
Altrincham, £24,000-36,000 Basic + unrivalled commission structure with achievable 27-hour working week for Elite club members.Up to 40% on placements...Apply For This Job