The Graduate Bid Manager / Estimator will proactively support the Bid Manager and Estimators on the successful management of projects in the construction and engineering sectors.
On off will be full training working with a team of highly successful bid managers and estimators learning from the best.
Graduate Bid Manager / Estimator
* Attend meetings with clients to discuss quotes
* Assess enquiry documentation which may include drawings, specifications, employers’ requirements, NBS, etc.
* Preparation of quotes with all relevant information and the proposed product information.
* Preparation of documents to help with the bid process. This may be documents such as Layouts, 3D visuals, specification booklets, mood boards.
* Creation and issuing of enquiry packs to existing supply chain partners in order to complete the process of quotes. This may be in the form of bill of quantities, specifications, drawings, visuals, etc.
* Analyse the completed enquiry packs from supply chain partners.
* Negotiations with supply chain partners such as discounts, payment terms, etc.
* Help with the development of the supply chain by identifying potential new suppliers.
* Assist with the design, procurement and installation of any samples which may be required.
* Prepare documentation meetings with different departments and clients
* Brief and handover successfully won projects to the Design and Contracts departments.
* Assist the Design and Contracts departments with any queries they may have during the delivery of the project.
* Assist with the implementation of projects.
* Help with purchasing functions and Sales functions
* Update the administration system both electronically and in hard copy.
* Liaise with the accounts department on financial matters.
* Download and file enquiries
* Degree in project management, civil engineering, quantity surveying
* Aptitude to read technical drawings
* Good mathematical ability
* Good computer skills including Excel and Outlook
* Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge gain
* Able to communicate effectively
* Demonstrate analytical thinking and attention to detail
Trainee Construction Recruitment ConsultantAltrincham,Uncapped Commission with no threshold to start earning from month one. Realistic 1st year OTE £30,000- £40,000+...Apply For This Job
Altrincham, £24,000-36,000 Basic + unrivalled commission structure with achievable 27-hour working week for Elite club members.Up to 40% on placements...Apply For This Job
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for an established Steelwork design contractor, that works on large Multi-Story structural steel...Apply For This Job
Job rolePainterSalaryFrom £11.50 p/hJob typeContractLocation: NorthumberlandRoles and responsibilities:Looking to hire a professional Painter to carry out a range of decorating...Apply For This Job
Job roleRoadworkerSalaryFrom £12Job typeContractLocation: NewcastleWe are Looking for ground workers in the Newcastle area with experience in Civil Engineering...Apply For This Job