As a Site Manager you will work within the contracts discipline, reporting to the Contracts Director and liaising with the wider project team to manage the construction and delivery of your assigned projects.
You will be expected to approach your work in a flexible manner which will involve travel and working away from home on a regular basis.
You will adopt a safety first approach and be a reputable ambassador for the Company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental and policies and procedures.
* Working in accordance with, and actively promoting Company Values.
* Producing project specific method statements, erection sequences, crane lift plans and risk assessments.
* Making pre-site inspections and ensuring that the Safe Site Handover Certificate is properly administered and is in place prior to the commencement of works.
* Attending regular contracts coordination meetings, project meetings and client meetings as required. Being client facing on site.
* Providing expertise to Bid Managers on erection time, complexity and cost to support tenders.
* Working with the Project Manager to provide information for target programs and to ensure compliance with specification and contractual arrangements.
* Communicating with designers to ensure safe construction methods are achievable and incorporate any temporary stability requirements.
* Ensuring that work on site reflects the project program, budget and specification, in a safe and controlled manner.
* Ensuring that all site documentation is completed and returned in a timely manner. Including but not limited to; Daily Site Reports, Completion Handover Certificates, toolbox talks, NCRs, HAVS Forms etc.
* Negotiating and agreeing prices/rates with sub-contractors, reputable plant and crane hire companies, to comply with budget and program requirements.
* Maintaining sub-contractor relationships and ensuring they meet safety, performance and quality requirements.
* Inspecting skills/competence cards for site operatives periodically.
* Checking and signing off invoices for labour, materials and equipment for projects that you are responsible for and reconciling against budget.
* Recording all events that have an impact on progress, sequence, cost, material or other contractual matter and liaising with the Project Manager regarding same.
* Complying with, and promoting, the Company reporting procedure with regard to any unsafe activities, near misses and incidents.
* Controlling erectors’ holiday requests.
* Working with the Contracts Coordinator to arrange appropriate accommodation for site teams while working away from home.
* Leading the erection team and maintaining safety, high morale and quality of workmanship on site.
* CSCS Managers card / L6 NVQ
* Appointed Person qualification
* Full UK driving license
* Structural steel and metal cladding/decking experience
* Knowledge of AUTOCAD, Strumis and Tekla desirable but not essential
* Microsoft office proficient
* Management skills
* Good time management
* Excellent problem solving
* Attention to detail
* Willing to work away from home
Job roleBuilding Maintenance Craft workerSalaryFrom £13.92 p/hJob typeContract (36 hours per week)Location: CamdenWe are looking for a professional Building...Apply For This Job
Resourcer Altrincham,Working directly under the managing director assisting with a large number of clients in the construction/engineering sector.Commission structure We...Apply For This Job
Job roleArboristSalaryFrom £11 p/hJob typeContract (39 hours per week)Location:PrestonJob roleArboristSalaryFrom £11 p/hJob typeContract (39 hours per week)Location: PrestonWe are Looking...Apply For This Job
Job IntroductionThe Trainee Quantity Surveyor will proactively support the Quantity Surveyor / Managing Quantity Surveyor on the successful management and...Apply For This Job
Steelwork Estimator required to join a successful and expanding steelwork fabrication business based in Oxfordshire. On offer is a very...Apply For This Job