Contract until June 2023
£10.50 / hour
We are looking to appoint a Finance Assistant, to work within a team which provides financial support and advice to the diverse services within the Council and Schools throughout the Borough.
– Assist with the preparation of revenue estimates, closure of accounts, statement of accounts, revenue grant claims and returns
– Assist in the provision and use of financial information.
– Assist with aspects of the Client’s insurance function.
– Assist with budget monitoring and liaise with appropriate officers and head teachers in the preparation of revenue and capital projections and trading statements on
a monthly basis.
– Calculate and process payments to private, voluntary and independent establishments.
– To contribute to the development of appropriate systems and procedures.
– To establish and maintain systems to log and update financial information from various source.
– Ensure probity, cost effectiveness and accurate monitoring of the Department’s finances.
– To carry out the debt recovery process of the council as appropriate.
– Assist in the provision of information as is required by members, other departments, the council’s external auditors, schools, government departments and other
agencies, for both internal and external reporting purposes.
– Undertake specific assignments as directed by the Finance Manager and Finance Officers.
– Ensure own personal development through the Performance Development Review process.
– Ensure that you work in line with all the Council’s policies and procedures and ensure that you are aware of your obligations under these.
– Behave according to the Employees’ Code of Conduct and ensure that you are aware of your obligations and responsibilities re. conflicts of interest, gifts, hospitality
and other matters covered by the Code.
– Carry out your role in line with the Council’s Equality agenda.
– To comply with health and safety policies, organisational statements and procedures, report any incidents / accidents/ hazards and take a pro-active approach to
health and safety matters in order to protect yourself and others.
– Any other duties of a similar nature related to this post that may be required from time-to-time.
If you are interested, please give Alex a ring on 0161 667 0026 or e-mail
Legal AssistantRuncorn, Cheshire Full time3 Month contract£16 / hourWe are recruiting for a legal assistant to join the family law...Apply For This Job
Grounds Maintenance-EpsomThis is a full time position (40 hours).To provide day to day manual service delivery, working to cover all...Apply For This Job
Administrator BedfordFull-timeTemporary£13 per hour Have you got experience working within administration and have some knowledge of local authority homelessness? Then...Apply For This Job
Assistant Gardener - HaringeyThis is a full time position (37 hours per week)£9.50 - £11.40.You will assist with providing high...Apply For This Job
Building Attendant Job Purpose:We are hiring for a building attendant in the oxfordshire area.This is a ull time position (37...Apply For This Job