Full-time temporary contract
£13.50 per hour
The Care & Support Brokerage Service arranges and purchases care and support to meet the needs of both children and adults. This includes sourcing, commercial negotiation and arrangement of specialist placements and packages of care as well as use of block contracts, approved provider lists and framework agreements (local and regional).
The main purpose of this role is to identify and arrange person centred, cost-effective care and support to meet the needs of a range of customers.
* Services will be sourced to meet the needs of each adult or child (“right support”).
* Services will be sourced in a timely way (“right time”).
* Services will be cost effective and within the available budget (“right price”)
The post holder will work within an identified portfolio area but may be required to provide cover across the service as required. This is required as part of a whole team approach, to encourage flexibility and creativity and to share knowledge and expertise which can improve customer outcomes.
* At all times, to provide a professional service, which delivers desired outcomes for people and treats each person with respect, dignity and positive regard.
* To develop and maintain a sound working knowledge of care & support brokerage in designated portfolio areas and to use this knowledge to inform practice. This will include, but is not limited to:
– Informed market knowledge and expertise
– Thorough understanding of purchasing tools and approaches.
– A good working knowledge of operational practice, including the outcome focus, value base and statutory framework.
* To assist and support the Senior Care & Support Brokerage Officer to deliver a high-quality care sourcing & brokerage function.
* To be responsible for finding the right support to meet the needs of the customer in line with Social Care policies.
* To ensure value for money through effective price negotiation and use of cost effective options.
* To make effective use of available and developing technology to support effective practice and to maintain accurate and succinct records throughout.
* To work in partnership with the key professionals who are involved in the care and support of the vulnerable service users – recognising the role, remit and authority of other professionals and how their roles sit alongside the remit and authority of the Care & Support Brokerage function.
* To respond to written and telephone enquiries from a range of stakeholders about the care & support brokerage process and progress, including;
– Service users, their families and other representatives
– Care & support providers
– Social care professionals (e.g. Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Corporate Parenting Manager, AMHP)
– Health professionals (e.g. GP, hospital clinicians)
– Safeguarding professionals (e.g. MASH, LADO)
– Internal colleagues (e.g. Quality & Contracts Officers, Commissioning Officers, Procurement)
* To ensure that care and support options meet the client’s quality standards, assisting (where applicable) with the collation of key information from providers to support quality assurance and reporting on the outcomes for service users.
* To make sure that individual placement agreements, contractual agreements and service requisitions are completed promptly and accurately.
* To contribute to an overall team approach and recommend ways in which the service can improve. This may include developing specialist knowledge in a designated area, acting as a champion and supporting and developing others.
* To assist and troubleshoot issues of concern, escalating to the Senior Care & Support Brokerage officer where necessary.
* To take all necessary step to safeguard children and vulnerable adults in line with current legislation and guidance.
* To support, develop and maintain good relationships with providers and colleagues.
* This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies. The post holder must work in accordance with the values and behaviours.
* This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to the duties which may have to be varied (after discussion) subject to the needs of the service and in keeping with the general profile of the post.
* Educated to a good ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
* Additional qualifications and training relevant to the role. E.g. social care, health care, finance, purchasing.
* Identifies and takes up opportunities for self-development.
* Direct experience of supporting vulnerable people.
* Understanding of public sector practice in relation to the identified portfolio area.
* Experience of working within a social care environment, the NHS or organisation of a similar scale and complexity.
* Good basic understanding of the market, commissioning and purchasing within social & health care.
* Understanding of specific market issues within the portfolio area.
* Knowledge of public sector pracitices in relation to care quality and contract monitoring.
* Experience in working effectively with other professionals or organisations to deliver a service.
* Good experience of working with other professionals and organisations to bring about positive change.
* Able to demonstrate commitment to the delivery of good value for money
* A successful and creative negotiator with demonstrable ability to deliver value for money.
* Confident in the use of technology
* Committed and proactive in the use of technology to support service improvement and delivery of outcomes.
* Competent and disciplined in the keeping of records.
* Experience of working in a complex and changing environment.
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly!
Community Care OfficerNottinghamContract£16 P/H PAYE We are currently looking for a Community Care Officer to work in the Adults Service....Apply For This Job
Recycling AssistantNovax recruitment are currently recruiting for a Recycling Assistant based in the Plymouth area.37 hours per week.Operating on a...Apply For This Job
Principle Procurement OfficerBracknell£42,500 SalaryFull Time PermanentNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a Principle Procurement Officer based in Bracknell. This role is...Apply For This Job
HR Business PartnerLiverpoolFull-time temporary contract£21.74 per hour Job purpose:To work as Business Partner with management Teams, delivering strategic goals with...Apply For This Job
Wellbeing and Independence PractitionerHarlowContract£19.63 P/H We are currently looking for a Wellbeing and Independence Practitioner for a role in Essex....Apply For This Job
HR Business PartnerColindale, Barnet£300 day rateFull Time ContractNovax Recruitment is actively seeking a HR Business Partner based in Colindale. This...Apply For This Job