Work in a technical capacity to support the business development and operations teams to win and develop large scale commercial projects from initial bid through to commissioning.
Senior Design Engineer Manager – Solar and Storage
Up to £55,000
Full time, Permanent
* Work in a technical capacity to support the business development and operations teams to win and develop large scale commercial projects from initial bid through to commissioning.
* Understanding, amending and producing technical drawings.
* Undertake site surveys nationally and other activities to support successful project development.
* Technical oversight of pre-construction and operational projects.
* Support due diligence activity to include data analysis, documentation review and risk analysis.
The work also involves:
* Liaising with a wide range of customers and stakeholders at the highest level.
* Working on multiple projects concurrently.
* Producing written reports and other documentation for delivery to the client.
* Supporting the continuous improvement and development of group procedures and documentation.
* Able and willing to assist less experienced colleagues with their engineering queries.
* Confident in briefing and delegation.
* Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management.
* Degree in an engineering subject, ideally in the field of electrical
* Demonstrable ability to design LV electrical systems
* Experience delivering complex tasks to tight timelines
* Experience in direct client engagement throughout project lifecycle and ability to cope with a wide variety of tasks
* Fluent command in English in writing and speech, allowing for creation of clear written reports.
* Good organisation and time management skills.
* Interpersonal skills including the confidence to seek help from colleagues where required.
* Good command of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
* Full driving license and willingness to travel on occasion to visit sites nationally
The ideal candidate will also have experience in:
* Designing commercial Solar PV, Battery or EV systems
* Preparing technical responses for tender bids
* Using AutoCAD, PVSyst, PVSol*3D, Amtech/Trimble Pro Design
* HV electrical design
* BS7671 qualification preferred
* The chance to join a successful, growing renewable energy company
* Great opportunity to upskill into an expanding industry
* Immediate involvement in some of the UK’s largest Solar PV, battery storage and EV charging schemes
* An emphasis on work/life balance and flexible working
* A friendly and supportive working environment with regular company-wide social events
This is an opportunity to join the leading and fastest growing solar business in the UK, with a strong, experienced team, fantastic reputation and track record
Are you the person who can help Custom Solar to decarbonise the UK through the deployment of solar energy?
Vacancy Name: Mobile Electrical EngineerLocation: This is a field based, mobile position covering Bristol and surrounding areas.This role is working...Apply For This Job
The Operations Manager role is a full-time position managing a team that is responsible for the execution and financial performance...Apply For This Job
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic tradespeople to join our growing engineering family. Working in a challenging and diverse...Apply For This Job
Vacancy Name: Mobile Electrical EngineerLocation: This is a field based, mobile position covering the Aberdeenshire area (the AB postcode).This role...Apply For This Job
Job OverviewTo undertake the maintenance and repair of the Gas Plant, including fabric & basic electrical tasks of buildings as...Apply For This Job
Job role:Mobile Gas EngineerLocation:DerbySalary:Up to £36,000 dependent on qualifications and experienceOvertime available to bulk up salary and candidate has the...Apply For This Job